Saturday, March 14, 2009


My first blog

I used to work for the National Coalition on Television Violence. The premise was that a “diet” of violence made people (children AND adults) more violent. I believed it then, and I believe it now.

~ ~ ~

Date: March 9, 2003
Contact:
David Partenheimer
Public Affairs Office
(202) 336-5706
CHILDHOOD EXPOSURE TO MEDIA VIOLENCE PREDICTS YOUNG ADULT AGGRESSIVE BEHAVIOR, ACCORDING TO A NEW 15-YEAR STUDY
Children who Identify with Aggressive TV Characters and Perceive the Violence to be Realistic are Most at Risk for Later Aggression http://www.apa.org/releases/media_violence.html

~ ~ ~

Violent TV, Games Pack A Powerful Public Health Threat
ScienceDaily (Nov. 28, 2007)
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/11/071127142134.htm

~ ~ ~

Today

I took a vow of non violence, in my speech, my thoughts, and in my actions:


I agree with Deepak Chopra and others who have taken the vow, that when we do reach a critical mass, we will transform the planet.

And the sooner we all do that, the better it will be for all.

I was # 17827.

What number will you be?
~ ~ ~

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your new blog :o)
    will I be able to follow your blog on twitter?

    Good subject and information

    thank you
    Kimberly Lewellyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for being the first to comment on my first blog! hehe

    My blog link is on my Twitter and Facebook profile, so you can check for updates that way.

    Namaste, my friend!

    ReplyDelete